SUBJECT : EPI Badging 3000
Reminder…When moving EPI Badging 3000 to a new computer, you MUST pay close attention to the following steps.
- You must revoke the two EPI licenses on the old computer. One license for the EPIDesigner and one license for the EPIRuntime. This is done in the “EPI Builder Run Time EPI client license manager” and “EPI Designer EPI client locense manager”. These utilities can be found on the Start menu.
- On the new computer, you must reinstall the EPI badging software. This is done during the installation of the CardAccess 3000. Then you must activate the two licenses on the new computer after the Badging 3000 is installed. Refer to the documentation referenced below. In most cases, you might have to contact EPI directly to assist with relicensing.
- If you are moving EPI to a new 64 bit computer, you must refer to the documentation referenced below. Additional configurations must be made for the EPI badging to function.
- You must manually copy all the templates from the old computer to the new computer including logos. Templates should be in the CardAccess 3000 folder with extensions of “.dgn”.
- If you are moving EPI Badging to a new computer, you MUST install (ADD) the badging printer into the new computer. You must verify there are drivers available for the Operating System on the new computer. Some older model printers do not have printer drivers for newer operating systems.
- After adding the new printer in on the new computer, you must edit every template in the EPI Designer. You must go into “File>Page Setup” and “File> Layout Properties”. Verify the new printer is selected, including the orientation and you MUST click APPLY. Failure to click apply might cause the new printer settings not to be written into the database.
Refer to the following links for additional documentation :
This content is restricted to site members. If you are an existing user, please login. New users may register below.